Applications for PERM can be found on the official website of the Ministry of Labor to check it out (also known as 绿卡排期查询); If you have any further questions, you should consult professional immigration lawyer (also known as 移民律师). Once you get a green card, or become a citizen, it will be much easier for you to find an intern (also known as 纽约实习) or eventually land a job in the U.S. (纽约找工作). The following are nine things that you should pay attention to:
- Except for immediate family members (spouse, parents, unmarried children under the age of 21) who do not have a visa quota, other relative immigrants and professional immigrants must be based on the priority date (also known as绿卡排期), immigration priority category and visa release country.
- The Immigration Department will assign a “Priority Date” based on the applicant’s immigration application date, on the first day of your immigration application to the US government, and this date represents your waiting number.
- Priority date: Professional immigration is the date of receipt of the labor card application by the Office of Labor (DOL). If you do not need to apply for a labor certificate, the date on which USCIS receives professional immigration I-140/relative immigration I-130 will prevail.
- The applicant’s priority date is the immigration visa quota.
- The “Priority Date” and the applicant’s “Place of Birth” and “Immigration Priority Category” will determine whether the applicant needs to wait for the visa quota or how long it will take before the visa can be used. When a visa is available, the applicant can propose an I-485 identity adjustment.
- When the number of applicants exceeds the number of available visas, applicants in this category are required to queue up in the order of application until the category is used up.
- The applicant’s priority date has not yet been reached, and the applicant is unable to obtain an immigration application for approval.
- In the first month of each month, the State Department (DOS) Visa Bulletin will announce the next month’s schedule.
- In the week when DOS announces the next month’s schedule, USCIS will also announce the next month’s immigration delivery schedule on its official website.